Stephen A. Loper, PA-C
Stephen is a home-grown, Utah County native. He grew up in Orem, UT, and received his undergraduate degree in Biology at Brigham Young University. He later got his Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, OR in 2010. He has worked all over Utah, exclusively in Urology, including clinics in Logan, Riverton, Provo, Mount Pleasant, and Spanish Fork. He is excited to join Granger Medical Clinic in American Fork and Lehi. In addition to clinical work, Stephen has enjoyed working as adjunct faculty with the Physician Assistant programs at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions and Utah Valley University, in both the didactic and clinical years of study.
Stephen has always been passionate about science, helping people, and sharing what he knows. He believes in using the best available research and tests to come to a well-reasoned conclusion. He strives to involve the patient in the process by educating and working together to develop effective plans that are easy to understand. He always strives to help his patients fully understand the what, why, and how of their concerns. It is rare to find that Stephen didn’t say enough about any given topic.
He is married and has four children, two boys and twin girls. He has a large extended family, the youngest of seven children. He enjoys playing games of all kinds, building custom computers, hiking, biking, and going on vacations with his wife and children.
Stephen has worked his whole career in Urology and all in Utah, including Logan Urology, Dan Hibbert Urology in Riverton, and Revere Health Urology with practices in Provo, Mount Pleasant, and Spanish Fork. He has had privileges at Logan Regional Hospital, Cache Valley Specialty Hospital, Brigham City Hospital, Riverton Hospital, Mountain West Medical Center in Tooele, Utah Valley Hospital, Timpanogos Hospital, and American Fork Hospital. Stephen has taught in community outreach presentations in senior centers regarding incontinence and given in-service on catheter placements at assisted living/rehab centers. He has also lectured on various topics at professional CME conferences for the Utah Academy of Physician Assistants and the combined PA / NP Snowbird Conference.
- Volunteer lecturer at the pre-PA class at Brigham Young University.
- Volunteered as a professional shadow for dozens of pre-PA students.
- Speaker at senior centers on various Urologic topics from prostate cancer screenings to incontinence.
- Teacher at in-service trainings at rehab / assisted living facilities, as well as at hospitals, for the nursing staff.
- Performer – acting and singing in community theater shows.
- Performed with the BYU Men’s Chorus in college.
- Played piano and organ in a variety of situations as well, in church services, holiday celebrations, community theater and choir performances.
Oregon Health & Science University; Portland, OR - 2010